Winston-Salem & Greensboro Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Pursuing compensation for injured motorcyclists in the Piedmont Triad
North Carolina provides some beautiful roads for motorcycle enthusiasts – scenic views and rural roads for bikers to get out there and enjoy. Motorcycles are not just for weekends and road trips, either. Many people rely on their bikes to get them back and forth to work or school as well. Motorcyclists have the same rights and responsibilities on the road as every other driver, and if you are involved in an accident as a motorcyclist, it is important to remember those rights.
Even if you obey every traffic rule and keep to every speed limit on your bike, that does not mean every motorist on the road will too. Because of a motorcycle’s smaller size, cars and trucks may fail to pay proper attention to them on the highway – often with tragic results. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, talk to the personal injury attorneys at Hartsoe & Associates, P.C. today for over 25 years of experienced assistance.
Common causes of NC motorcycle accidents
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that motorcyclists are about 28 times more likely as passenger car occupants to die in a traffic accident. According to the NHTSA, 4,985 motorcyclists lost their lives in accidents in 2018. Many motorcycle accidents happen for the same reasons auto accidents do, but with a motorcycle accident, the outcome can be much worse.
Some common causes of motorcycle accidents in Winston-Salem and Greensboro include:
- Bad road conditions. Sometimes accidents aren’t caused by other drivers, but by things like potholes, patches of ice, or debris on the road. When a municipality fails to maintain a road and a bad accident results, they could be held liable.
- Impaired driving. When an individual drinks and drives, he/she puts everyone on the road at risk. Drunk or drugged driving makes it even more difficult to focus on smaller objects on the road, including motorcycles.
- Improper lane changing. Many motorcycle accidents occur when another driver changes lanes without looking properly. Bikes are hard to see in blind spots, but that makes it even more important for motorists to double-check.
- Manufacturing defects. Sometimes the accident is neither driver’s fault, but a component in their vehicle that failed due to some sort of product defect. This could be anything from a blown tire to a failed braking system to a defective airbag. In cases like these, the manufacturer could be held liable for your injuries.
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Hartsoe & Associates can work to determine who is responsible for your accident and resulting injuries.
What are common motorcycle accident injuries?
Unfortunately, the best part of riding a bike – not being enclosed in a frame – is also its most dangerous. The risk of being thrown from a motorcycle or sliding across the pavement is real and, depending on the circumstances of an accident, injuries can range from serious to catastrophic. These injuries can include:
Common injuries from motorcycle crashes include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
Our attorneys take the extent of your injuries into account and work to recover compensation for all related expenses.
How much is my motorcycle accident case worth?
After an accident, you may be left with long-lasting injuries and facing a lengthy recovery time. It is important to fight for maximum compensation, especially considering many individuals have a false belief that motorcyclists are reckless. Our attorneys understand bikers are just as safe as every other law-abiding driver on the road, and we are prepared to recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses, current and future
- Lost wages and future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
If the insurance company or an adjuster contacts you after an accident, do not give them any details about the accident, sign anything or agree to a settlement without consulting with an attorney first. We are happy to handle these details for you.
Reputable Piedmont Triad motorcycle lawyers
The injury attorneys at Hartsoe & Associates, P.C. can help protect your rights if you were injured in a motorcycle accident. We will investigate your accident, find out who was responsible, and seek compensation on your behalf. Our law firm serves clients in the Winston-Salem and Greensboro areas, as well as the Piedmont Triad. To schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney, please call [tel] or fill out our contact form.