Bennett D. Rainey
Attorney Bennett D. Rainey is a family law attorney focused on the needs of his clients who are facing life-changing legal matters surrounding divorce and family law including child custody and child support, paternity, adoptions, post-separation support, alimony, and equitable distribution at both the trial court and appellate court levels. Bennett also works zealously with clients to resolve family law matters outside of court in mediation and by negotiating property settlements and separation agreements.
Bennett joined the firm in 2018 after working as a family law attorney in Winston-Salem since 2014. Bennett received his Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2013 where he served as the President for the WFU Student Division of the North Carolina Bar Association and also for the Youth Advocacy Group. Bennett received a B.A. from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington in 2010 where he majored in History and minored in Psychology.
Bennett is passionate about using his abilities to advocate for his clients’ interests.
- North Carolina, 2013
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, NC, J.D., 2013
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC, B.A., History and Psychology, magna cum laude, 2010
Honors & Awards
- North Carolina Bar Association, Wake Forest University School of Law Student Division, President, 2012 – 2013
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Youth Advocacy Group, President, 2012 – 2013
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Phi Eta Sigma, National Freshman Honor Society, Vice President, 2006 – 2007
- Eagle Scout, 2002