Winston - Greensboro Attorney
Our Areas of Practice
From its offices in Winston-Salem and Greensboro, Hartsoe & Associates, P.C. provides legal services to North Carolina individuals and businesses. Our attorneys focus on guiding clients toward cost-efficient and effective solutions to their legal problems.
Help for Individuals
We routinely handle Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 filings for businesses and individuals in the Middle District of North Carolina. We file everything electronically, have automated the entire system using the latest software and web-based services, and will talk with clients about alternatives to filing for bankruptcy. Emergency filings to stop foreclosure — we can file a petition the same day, if necessary, given enough lead time and complete information from the client.
Our firm can help you stop foreclosure through bankruptcy, guide you through possible refinancing or restructuring your debt and mortgage, require predatory mortgage lenders to provide documentation, etc. You can fight back!
Get the IRS off your back … Now! We can help you negotiate with the IRS or State Department of Revenue on past-due income and payroll taxes, and can help you pursue options that include:
- Offers in compromise: paying a much lower amount to erase all of your tax debt, if you qualify. Unlike the others advertising out there, we will not tell you this is a sure bet. In fact, it is rare that the IRS will do this. We can help determine if your case qualifies and submit all the necessary paperwork.
- Stop wage garnishment
- Abatement (elimination) of penalties
- Appeals of tax levies or tax liens
- Bankruptcy discharge of part or all of your tax debt
- Hardship status
- Installment agreements
Hartsoe & Associates is very experienced in handling all aspects of family law, from the most complex case to the simplest, including issues related to:
- Domestic violence (50B orders)
- Separation agreements
- Child support
- Child custody
- Spousal support (alimony and post-separation support)
- Equitable distribution (property distribution)
- Simple divorce
- Neutral mediation (with or without other lawyers involved)
We can defend you in most any traffic and misdemeanor matter, such as speeding, shoplifting, minor drug possession, underage drinking and simple assault. We also provide skilled defense against DUI/DWI charges in North Carolina.
We aggressively defend and investigate each DUI/DWI case, and stay up to date on all latest science in order to ensure you receive a fair trial. We can help with:
- Pre-trial driving privileges
- Pre-trial preparation to require the District Attorney to provide us with all of the prosecution's evidence
- Deciding whether to go to trial or take a plea
- Pursuing the best result for your case
Mr. Hartsoe was a claims adjuster for years before going to law school and has been involved in the handling, litigation, mediation, and settlement of all types of personal injury cases from both sides of the case for more than 20 years.
- Worker's compensation
- Auto/car accident cases
- Tractor trailer/truck accident cases
- Motorcycle accident cases
- Products liability
- Medical malpractice
Mr. Hartsoe is a certified Family Financial Mediator and conducts secular or provide affordable Christian mediation/arbitrations.
Business and Commercial Litigation
We handle a wide variety of business litigation matters, using technology to leverage our size (and lower fees!) against larger firms. Mr. Hartsoe spent years representing Fortune 500 companies while working for much larger firms. Get "big firm" experience and expertise for a lower hourly rate.
Additionally, we offer sound advice as we guide professionals through the legal process of starting a new business. Our business formation services are all-inclusive.
Debt Collections: We collect or defend debts of all sizes for a variety of businesses and individuals across the state of North Carolina.
Insurance policy litigation and coverage interpretation
Mr. Hartsoe has been to the North Carolina Court of Appeals on pivotal issues of insurance law and can bring that experience, and his claims experience working for the companies that issued the policies, to assist you or your business in pursuing coverage for losses under your policy.
General practice: We also draft simple wills, powers of attorney, living wills, health care powers of attorney, etc.
To schedule an appointment, call toll-free 888-725-1985 or send us an e-mail.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.